Little Warriors is a national organization committed to the awareness, prevention and treatment of child sexual abuse.
Little Warriors is committed to:
- Provide awareness and information about child sexual abuse.
- Provide child sexual abuse prevention strategies to adults through education.
- Provide information about healing and support resources.
- Provide a treatment facility to help children cope with the devastating effects of child sexual abuse.
Goals & Objectives
- Relay a fundamental prevention education message, to culturally sensitive communities, that fit the needs of the growing multi-cultural and Aboriginal communities across Canada.
- Enhancement of community impact to provide prevention training and mental health treatment to high risk and vulnerable individuals within communities.
- Give rise to community resource access. Provide Canadians with local and national child sexual abuse resource information.
- Spread the message of responsibility, action and hope by training specially selected volunteers to deliver the prevention workshop to adults across Canada.
Reduce the stigma on child sexual abuse, and facilitate an increased transfer of skills and knowledge, through the delivery of a research based Canadian child sexual abuse prevention program.
- Create road blocks for sexual predators and encourage organizations to incorporate mandatory child sexual abuse prevention policies and procedures.
- Create warrior-like compassion. Commit to bring access to a treatment centre for all the children across Canada who have been sexually abused.
- Provide a safe and secure treatment centre for children and youth who have been sexually abused.
- Help to fill the mental health gap of time-delayed traditional child sexual abuse counselling methods and provide effective clinical focused treatment that will be the first of its kind in Canada.