Be Brave Luncheon
The 2017 Be Brave Luncheon, in support of the Little Warriors Be Brave Ranch, will be taking place on May 3, 2017 at the Shaw Conference Centre in Edmonton, AB. We would like to extend a warm and heartfelt invitation for you to join us as we celebrate our fifth year of uniting hundreds of professionals and community-minded individuals together with one collective purpose — to give child sexual abuse survivors the essential support they need to grow into happy, healthy adults.
We are excited to welcome author, elite endurance athlete and advocate, Jean-Paul Bédard, as our honoured keynote speaker. Named one of the "50 Most Influential Canadians" by Huffington Post, Jean-Paul speaks courageously and candidly of his own history with child sexual abuse, delivering a message infused with hope, strength and resiliency. We are proud to have him take the podium for Little Warriors and share his story with us.
Program Features Include:
• A three-course lunch featuring a tasty appetizer, a mouthwatering entrée and a delightful dessert
• Your chance to hear Jean-Paul Bédard, an author, activist and athlete who infuses his speeches with humour and emotion. Jean-Paul is one of the 50 most influential Canadians, as named by the Huffington Post
• An important presentation about the pervasiveness of sexual abuse in our community and the vital work that Little Warriors is doing to prevent it
• More information about the Be Brave Ranch. You’ll see how it is helping survivors of child sexual abuse to heal and grow into healthy adults
About Jean-Paul Bédard:
Jean-Paul Bédard is an author, advocate, and elite endurance athlete. He is also a survivor of childhood sexual abuse and has battled addiction and mental health issues.
In October 2016, Jean-Paul ran the Toronto Waterfront Marathon 4 consecutive times on the same day (168.8 km) to raise awareness for survivors of childhood sexual abuse and in support of Little Warriors and the Be Brave Ranch. Later this fall, Jean-Paul will return to the Toronto Waterfront Marathon to run it 6 times—That’s a staggering 253.2 km, or as Jean-Paul likes to say, “253 reasons to stand up for all those kids who continue to endure the trauma of sexual abuse.”
He uses his profile as a public speaker for the good of others, and speaks openly about being a survivor of childhood sexual abuse. A veteran of over 130 marathons and ultra marathons, Jean-Paul received the “Golden Shoe Award” as the 2015 Canadian Runner of the Year. Jean-Paul’s bestselling book, Running Into Yourself, was released earlier this year by Breakaway Books of New York. He also writes for the Huffington Post and publishes his own blog, breaththroughthis.com, where you can read about his incredible journey and resilient spirit.
Jean-Paul is a popular public speaker. He brings humour into his talks as he speaks candidly about coming to terms with serious issues such as addiction, depression, and trauma. He passionately believes life is not about “what happens to us”, but about “what we do with what happens to us.” His is a message of hope, strength, and resiliency.
Jean-Paul’s website: www.runjprun.com
Why the Be Brave Luncheon?
Every single dollar generously donated at the 2017 Be Brave Luncheon will go directly to fund treatment programs for children at the Little Warriors Be Brave Ranch. Little Warriors receives no government funding and so, as a charitable organization, the Little Warriors Be Brave Ranch relies on the kindness of donors to allow our work to continue.
This community event brings together approximately 700 professionals, community leaders, supporters and members of the media.
To see photos from last year’s event, view the Little Warriors 4th Annual Be Brave Luncheon album on the Little Warriors’ Facebook page.
Why Attend the Event?
We hope that you will step forward and make a huge difference by purchasing tickets or a table for this event. By pledging your support, you will be helping to protect the vulnerability of the community’s most vulnerable young people. Other reasons for sponsorship are:
• Allow the important work of Little Warriors and the Be Brave Ranch to continue
• Help protect the well-being of our community’s most vulnerable young people
• Enhance your company’s image as a community-minded organization
• Spread awareness of your brand among an audience of key business and community leaders
• Gain valuable media exposure
For questions or further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org