Be Brave Luncheon
Help children who have been sexually abused take back their childhood. By attending the 6th Annual Be Brave Luncheon on May 2, 2018 you will help us continue to give children the treatment and support they need and deserve.
We are pleased to welcome Meredith Graham as our keynote speaker this year. Meredith has journeyed through mental illness, abuse and poverty and now makes it her mission to share her message. She grew up in an environment of poverty, violence, mental illness and substance abuse.
Today, she journeys with five mental illnesses and weaves those stories into her mental health and spoken-word facilitating of workshops, keynote presenting and consulting. She is a recipient of the Coast Mental Health’s 2016 Courage to Come Back Award in the Social Adversity category. Meredith believes in the power, possibility, and responsibility of community in becoming instruments in a person’s symphony of resiliency.
Date: Wednesday, May 2, 2018
Time: 11:30am – 1:30pm
Location: Shaw Conference Centre, Hall D
9797 Jasper Ave. NW, Edmonton, Alberta
Program Features include:
- A three-course lunch featuring a tasty appetizer, a mouthwatering entrée and a delightful dessert
- Your chance to hear Meredith Graham, a spoken word artist, a youth worker, public speaker and advocate for change inside our child welfare system, mental health system and educational institutions.
- An important presentation about the pervasiveness of sexual abuse in our community and the vital work that Little Warriors is doing to prevent it
- More information about the Be Brave Ranch. You’ll see how it is helping survivors of child sexual abuse to heal and grow into healthy adults
Why the Be Brave Luncheon?
Every single dollar generously donated at the 2018 Be Brave Luncheon will go directly to fund treatment programs for children at the Little Warriors Be Brave Ranch. Little Warriors receives no government funding and so, as a charitable organization, the Little Warriors Be Brave Ranch relies on the kindness of donors to allow our work to continue.
This community event brings together more than 700 professionals, community leaders, supporters and members of the media. To see photos from last year’s event, view the Little Warriors 5th Annual Be Brave Luncheon album on the Little Warriors’ Facebook page.
Why sponsor the event?
We hope that you will step forward and make a huge difference by being a sponsor! By pledging your support, you will be helping to protect the vulnerability of the community’s most vulnerable young people. Other reasons for sponsorship are:
- Allow the important work of Little Warriors and the Be Brave Ranch to continue
- Help protect the well-being of our community’s most vulnerable young people
- Enhance your company’s image as a community-minded organization
- Spread awareness of your brand among an audience of key business and community leaders
- Gain valuable media exposure
For more information, tickets or sponsorship opportunities email firstname.lastname@example.org