What is child sexual abuse?
Child Sexual Abuse:
- Is the inappropriate exposure or subjection of a child to sexual material, contact, activity or behaviour.
- Includes any sexual act directed toward a child by an adult or by an oder more powerful child.
The 4 Types of Child Sexual Abuse
• Exposure of the genitals to a child
• Photographing the child’s genitals or the child for a sexual purpose
• An adult masturbating in front of a child
• Exposing a child to pornography or using a child in pornography
• Talking to, taunting or teasing a child in a sexual way
• Inappropriate oral contact (i.e.,“kissing”)
• Rubbing a child’s thighs in a sexualized manner and/or saying things that are sexual in nature
• Touching of a child’s genitals by an adult with a body part or object
• An adult telling a child to touch an adult’s or another’s genitals
• Rubbing (masturbating) against a child
• Includes an adult putting his or her mouth on the child’s genitals or the child putting his or her mouth on the adult’s genitals
• Any type of penetration of a child’s vagina, anus or mouth, however slight, by a penis, finger, tongue or other object